Usually known as Giants‘ Tombs, due to their size, these collective tombs from Nuragic Age are dated fro 1500 to 1100 B.C. This particular tomb belonged to a village situated around the nearby Nuraghe ‘Casteddu‘ and is the longest in Sardinia. It was built, as was usual, in a semicircular esedra in front of which donations were made.
There is a corridor entrance covered by granite slabs, one of which had to be removed at burials to allow access for the dead. At the centre of the exedra arises a large slab called ‘stele‘ with a small entrance at its base. The monument when covered by stones and earth is known as ‘tumulus‘.
The monument plants resemble a bull’s head’s profile, thought to be a symbol of fertility and the ‘after life‘. Another symbol of life would be the existence of numerous graves facing east, where the sun rises. Many remains of terracotta vases and bronze daggers were found in a dig at the end of 60’s.